Monday, December 3, 2012

Overall Progress


     As the semester comes to a close, I feel that I have improved in this class in every single way. Does anyone think that we would’ve made it this far? Initially I didn’t know how to do many of the basic functions of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. I’ve used Photoshop in the past, but I never did anything this in depth with it before. I couldn’t make a coherent piece of art to save my life. I now have the confidence to compose pieces of art that are more complicated. I mentioned this in a different post, but once you build on the skills you’ve started out with, you’ll amaze yourself at what you produce.
     What used to be a stumbling block is now a challenge that I’m willing to tackle any way see fit. Graphic Communication isn’t hard, but you have to know what you want to express to the world or class, and you’ll be fine. This class showed me that you will hate your project, and then you’ll finally love it once you have finished it. I’ve felt that way so many times because I didn’t know what direction I wanted to take my project in. There was a few times where I would completely scrap a project so I could start over from scratch. Even doing that at times would cause more stress than it should have. I’m proud at everyone because we never completely gave up on a project no matter how stressful it was. I think my experience with this particular class would’ve been totally different if I took it with a different group of students.
     We’re always helping each other out, and we’re not too critical during critiques. I want to say thank you to everyone who made this semester so awesome. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment