Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Favorite Exercise?


     What was your favorite exercise and why? I actually had to look through the previous exercises and see which one I enjoyed the most. I honestly forgot what exercises we did because we didn’t have to do them in a long time. I think the “Type on a Grid” exercise was my favorite exercise for various reasons. I couldn’t remember reading any of the instructions for the other exercises and thinking, “I can’t wait to get started on this one.” This exercise intrigued me from the beginning.
     The first reason I enjoyed this exercise is due to the fact that it seemed the most practical in a sense that I would actually use it in a real world environment. I could possibly see a company asking one of use to make a striking design for a newsletter or some other publication. Whenever you think about a company or business, the main thing that sticks out in your mind is their logo or image design that sets them apart from everyone else. That image will make a lasting impression with anyone. The second reason this was my favorite exercise is due to the fact that I had the most fun with it. A lot of the other exercises just seemed time consuming, and they weren’t as fun as this one.
     This exercise just got to the point as well. If I remember correctly there wasn’t a lot of background information associated with this project. Most of the other exercises would give you too much background information where it became a chore just to even get through the directions as well. If they wanted to add a ton of background information to an exercise, they could’ve made a heading that said “Background.” That simple touch would’ve made these exercises a lot easier than mixing the instructions with the background information.

No comments:

Post a Comment