Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Least Favorite Project?


     What was your least favorite project from this semester? I think everyone knows what my least favorite project is. Image and Text is definitely my least favorite project for a number of reasons.
     I couldn’t figure out how to fit all of the text from the various articles into one coherent piece. For those who were able to use one of the more difficult text documents into a visually appealing piece, I applaud. I also couldn’t figure what colors I wanted to use. It was a complete mess.
For my project, I decided to use the pumpkin story because it seemed like the easiest one to do. You don’t realize how your poster is until it’s printed and presented on foam core. That’s the one thing you have to have when you compost graphic designs, and that’s confidence. Without confidence in your piece of art, it will fall completely on its face. I think that’s the reason this project turned out the way it did was due to a lack of confidence. I didn’t know how to use the software at the time, but I continue to make improvements every day.
     In retrospect, I think I would have chosen a different template to work with because I didn’t like how my final project came out. I learned something valuable from this project though. I learned that the best designs are the ones that you are truly proud of, and they don’t have to be overly complicated. By sticking with that idea, I was able to produce better projects down the line. This is one project that I don’t want to ever see again. I’ll throw it in my closet, and I’ll stumble across it again one day. I also have the software at home so who knows, I might take another stab at it if I have some free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment