Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Least Favorite Exercise?


     Going along with the theme from the previous post, what was your least favorite exercise and why? This one is a no brainer for me. I couldn’t stand the exquisite corpse exercise. Once I completed the exercise, I realized that my final piece didn’t look anything like the example from the website.
     The first reason I couldn’t stand this exercise is due to the number of directions you had to follow, and then I was really upset that the people on the site didn’t even do half of the steps in their final example. How can you expect anyone to create a similar piece of art if you don’t provide the proper instructions? That just doesn’t make sense to me whatsoever. For example let’s say that you had to rotate an image or change the filter on the image, they completely omitted one of those steps from their final example. I would sit there and wonder why my final example didn’t come out like the one that was pictured. This is the only exercise where they “forgot” to do some of the steps. I remember they did the same for the Type on a Grid exercise, but that exercise wasn’t as annoying as this one was.
     Talk about leading by example… The only way we found that out what to do due to the fact that one of my fellow classmates noticed the error as she was finishing the exercise. I’m sorry I don’t remember your name, it was so long ago. I would not recommend this project to anyone for whatsoever reason. Take it from me, avoid this exercise at all costs. I had access to the software at home, and it still took me hours to figure out what I was supposed to do. I had to constantly ask for help with this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment