Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Favorite Project?


     As we come to a close for this semester, what was your favorite project? It’s tough for me to say because I really enjoyed the Instant Book Project and the Poster project the same. I think I’ll give the nod to the poster project because it was the most expressive.
     You could do whatever you wanted for the Instant Book project, but the Poster Project had more meaning to it. I decided to primarily focus my poster project on stealing digital files because companies have to reevaluate themselves due to the fact that so many people steal digital files on a consistent basis. By downloading files, you’re not only hurting the industry but you’re also hurting all of the fans as well. This isn’t a new problem that occurred over night. Illegal downloading has been going on since the early 2000s with Napster. We know what happened to that company. Downloading a file here and there might not seem like a huge problem, but you have to think about it this way. Put yourself in the artists’ shoes. If you spent all of your time and effort in creating this masterpiece, would you want people to rip you off and not pay you for work? Money isn’t everything, but it could help you produce your next project or support you financially.
     Legal distribution might be the answer to the downloading problems, but people will always find a way around it. I felt this topic was relevant so I’m glad I decided to follow through with it. Everyone has downloaded at least once in their due to the convenience of it. A ten year old kid could log into any computer and start downloading files in an instant. It shouldn’t be that easy. That’s what I call Designing with a Conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment